PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION
The Luna County Detention Center realizes the need of inmates to have contact with their families. In an effort to meet this goal, have set up the following visitation guidelines.
Effective January 11, 2020 all visits will be on a first come first serve basis. Visits Will No Longer be scheduled online or thru the kiosk.
Administration will post a schedule indicating visitation hours for each cell. All visits will be on a first come first serve basis thru April 2020 or until further notice from Administration. If you have any questions contact Luna County Detention Center.
- Visitors must check in with reception officer 15 minutes prior to scheduled visit.
- Visitors must be over 18 and must be listed on the pre-scheduled visit. No one under 18 will be allowed in building during visits.
- Visitors must have a current valid photo ID.
- A police warrants check will be ran on all visitors.
- Must comply with facility dress code.
- No weapons, cell phones, keys will be allowed on individuals during the visits. Cell phones need to be left in vehicles.
- Visitors are subject to searches by electromagnetic device.
- Visits are for 15 minutes.
- Only one visit per inmate per day.
- LCDC is a smoke free facility no tobacco products or smoking allowed..
- Juveniles visits must be immediate family over 18.
- The facility does not operate visits on a first come first served bases. All visits must be pre-scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Nothing is permitted to pass between visitors and inmates during visitation for any reason. Detention center personnel are not permitted to pass anything to inmates or deliver verbal messages.
Out of state visitors may be scheduled for a special visit on a case by case basis. Special visits must be pre-approved by the Inmate Management Officer and will be scheduled by him/her as time allows. Inmate Management can be reached at 575-543-6703.
The reception officer is charged with accepting or denying visitors based on their dress. It is up to the discretion of the reception officer whether or not to allow the visit.
- No hats, no shorts or skirts shorter than three 3 inches above the knee, no bare mid-drifts shirts, no halter tops, no tank tops or sleeveless shirts, no see-through clothing, no low cut necklines, or no swim suits will not be allowed in the facility.
- No clothing that exhibits excessive wear and tear or rips.
- No item of clothing with anything considered pornographic/sexually explicit and/or derogatory/inflammatory shall be allowed.
- Shoes must be closed toe and must be worn at all times. No sandals, flip flops or toe less shoes allowed
Denial or Termination of Visit:
A visit may be denied or terminated and visiting privileges suspended under the following circumstances:
- Visitor(s) under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Visitor(s) currently on Probation and Parole
- Visitor(s) who are currently victims in the case against person they are visiting.
- Visitor(s) who have current Protection orders against person they are visiting.
- Visitor(s) who were previously incarcerated within any correctional facility may not visit within 90 days of their release.
- Visitor(s) who have left children unattended in vehicles.
- Insufficient space available.
- Refusal by a visitor to submit to search procedures.
- Refusal or failure to produce sufficient identification (ordinarily picture ID) or the falsifying of identification information by a visitor.
- Violation of facility rules by a visitor or inmate.
- Inappropriate display of affection or suggestive activity.
- Inappropriate dress – the following are not allowed, no hats, no shorts or skirts shorter than three 3 inches above the knee, no bare mid-drifts shirts, no halter tops, no tank tops or sleeveless shirts, no see-through clothing, no low cut necklines, no swim suits, no flip flops, sandals or toe less shoes allowed. Any clothing that exhibits excessive wear and tear or rips. No item of clothing with anything considered pornographic/sexually explicit and/or derogatory/inflammatory.
- Items not allowed – the following are not allowed, sun glasses, handbags, purses, backpacks, fanny packs, cell phones, cameras, recording devices, electronic music and game devices (I-pod, MP 3 player, etc.), weapons (guns, knives, etc.), tobacco, chew of any kind, food, drinks, or gum.
- Other conduct or conditions deemed by the Shift Supervisor as disruptive to visiting operations or to the security and good order of the facility.